Hush Little Baby is a trusted provider of hands-on, interactive music-based Professional Development and Consultancy throughout Australia. We deliver tailored interactive demonstrations, workshops, conference presentations, consultancy and professional development for early education and care services, universities, registered training organisations and early childhood education organisations.
What We Offer
- A toolkit of age specific resource & repertoire ideas, including story songs. rhymes, fingerplays, bounces, games, movement activities and lullabies
- Practical ideas for effective, age-appropriate and engaging ways to weave music into each day, including for transitions, rest times and play
- Development of a deeper understanding of how songs and resources can be used to enrich children’s learning, growth and development including emotional regulation, social skills, motor development and musical skills
- Discovery of ways to step away from screens and recorded music, and engage in live music making, using hands, bodies and voices
- Exploration of percussion instruments and resources, and how they can be used purposefully for meaningful music making experiences
- An understanding of how music can be used to foster connection, build a sense of belonging and strengthen relationships
- The skills, confidence and repertoire to empower participants to make music with children, and to understand the rich learning experiences embedded in music making
Find Out More About Our Consultancy Services
Meet Our Facilitators
Jen is the Founding Director of Hush Little Baby Early Childhood Music Classes. She holds a Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Education from the University of Queensland as well as an Australian Kodaly Certificate in Primary Music Education. Jen is a lecturer and tutor in The Arts and Music for Early Childhood and Primary Education degrees.
Jen has also taught early childhood, primary and high school music, directed choirs, presented workshops, written papers for national and international conferences in music education and worked as a professional singer. She has developed highly regarded whole-service music programs for early education and care services. Jen is regularly invited to speak at conferences and workshops as a specialist in early childhood music education.
Jen is a highly skilled and accomplished presenter and facilitator. She firmly believes that music should belong to every child, and through her workshops provides participants with the skills, knowledge and support to thoughtfully reflect on their pedagogy and to incorporate music into their daily practice.
Sara Jane is a professional singer and dancer with extensive performance experience and a passion for Musical Theatre. An experienced performer and teacher, she holds a Diploma of Performance, and a Graduate Certificate of Music in Vocal Pedagogy from the Queensland Conservatorium of Music.
In addition to her role as Senior Music Teacher, Sara Jane oversees the Hush Little Baby teacher training program. This role sees Sara Jane observing, training and mentoring both new and experienced music teachers. She has a special interest in Auslan and the ways in which it can be integrated into music in early childhood and is a passionate advocate for music and its profound impact on children’s learning and development in the early years.
Sara Jane is an energetic and experienced presenter and facilitator. Through inspiring delivery and sharing of her extensive knowledge and skills, she empowers others to confidently engage in purposeful live music making with young children.