Community & Mobile Music Classes FAQs
How do I book into a class?
- If you are a new Graceville community class client, please fill out the form here to book a class
- For casual bookings at Graceville, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to the class you would like to attend
- If you have purchased a Graceville term booking, once confirmed via email you will be automatically booked into every class in the term
- If you have purchased a Graceville ten class pass, please email email@example.com with your preferred dates and times so we can reserve you a place
- To enquire about our mobile classes for playgroups, parents’ groups, libraries and more fill out the form on this page
Please note that class places are limited, and bookings are essential. We deliberately keep class numbers low to ensure maximum enjoyment and engagement for all.
Do you use lots of musical instruments in your classes?
In our classes we introduce the children to a range of percussion instruments – triangles, drums, maracas, egg shakers, castanets, claves, chime bars, guiros, bells and more. The bulk of what we do in classes, however, is unaccompanied by any instruments. The reason for this is that our fundamental philosophy is that the voice should be the first and primary instrument used in early childhood music education. Every child has a voice, and they all know how to use their voice in some way or another.
Is it ok if my child moves around during class?
The safety of all children in the class is of utmost importance, and we ask caregivers to actively supervise their children to ensure they are not in harm’s way, and that they are not causing harm to others in the class.
We are very happy for your little one to move around during class, and simply ask that you ensure that they are:
- using ‘gentle hands’
- allowing others to participate in the class without disruption
What if my child becomes upset or noisy during class?
Can I take photographs/video of my child in class?
We do ask, however, that when photographing/videoing that you do so at close range in order to ensure that only your child is in the picture. We do not allow the photography/videoing of any children other than your own in our classes. Please ensure that anyone else that you bring along to our classes is also aware of this policy.
Am I able to feed my child during classes?
Due to allergy concerns and venue restrictions we ask that no food is consumed during our classes. Our venue has an outdoor area which is perfect for having a snack before or after classes, or if you child needs something to eat during a class we ask that you step outside with them while they eat.
What if we are unwell or unable to make it to class?
You can find our COVID-19 Safety Measures and Policies here.
How can I get in touch with you?
You can get in touch with us by filling out our online forms for: