COVID-19 Safety Measures
FOR COMMUNITY CLASSES
Health and safety has always been a priority for us at Hush Little Baby. All of our teachers have completed the Australian Government COVID-19 Infection Control Training. Furthermore, we have implemented the following additional safety measures company-wide on top of our regular health and safety guidelines. We are confident that with these measures we can ensure a continued safe and enjoyable music learning environment for everyone involved in our classes.
- All adults attending classes are advised to keep at least 1.5 metres distance from each other.
- Hush Little Baby teachers will minimise physical contact with and between children.
Increased Hygiene Practices & Contact Tracing
- Class participants are asked to ensure their hands are clean upon arrival to music classes, and alcohol based hand sanitiser is provided at entry points to all classes.
- All Hush Little Baby teachers have completed the Australian Government COVID-19 Infection Control Training.
- Hush Little Baby teachers wash hands with soap and water before and after each and every class.
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser is provided to all Hush Little Baby teachers (and kept out of reach of children) for use as needed during classes.
- Hush Little Baby teachers use wipes on any instruments and ‘hard’ resources handled by children during classes, before and after each and every class, before being placed back in sterile bag.
- Contact information for all class participants is collected and stored confidentially by Hush Little Baby via our bookings system, per government contact tracing requirements. We take care of collecting this information as part of the booking process to avoid clients having to fill out forms or scan QR codes each time they attend classes.
Strict Illness Policy
- At the first sign of any illness, Hush Little Baby teachers will not attend classes until cleared by a GP to return to teaching.
- If a Hush Little Baby teacher has been in contact with anyone with COVID-19, they will not attend classes until cleared by a GP to return to teaching.
Modifications to Lesson Plans
- Soft resources are not to be handled by children.
- Bubbles are created by “wand waving” and not blowing.
- There will be no hand holding/close contact during games except between caregivers and the children they are attending with.
- Note that this will not impact upon the children’s experience at all – lessons will still be packed with music making, fun, connection and learning!
How You Can Help
- If at all possible, please have only one adult attending with each child. Of course we understanding that sometimes other family members love to watch little ones in their music classes so we ask that you email us in advance if this is the case so we can ensure adequate contact tracing and adherence to venue capacity requirements.
- Support your Hush Little Baby music teacher in ensuring that children are not making excessive physical contact with them. Our teachers love the children, and want to make sure they are protected even though they’ll miss the cuddles and high fives!
- Please ensure all adults keep at least 1.5 metres from each other.