COVID-19 Safety Measures
FOR COMMUNITY CLASSES
Health and safety has always been a priority for us at Hush Little Baby. All of our teachers have completed the Australian Government COVID-19 Infection Control Training. Furthermore, we have a two-tiered system of additional safety measures company-wide on top of our regular health and safety guidelines, for both times when there is higher risk of transmission, and times when the risk is lower. We are confident that with these measures we can ensure a continued safe and enjoyable music learning environment for everyone involved in our classes.
When there is higher risk of community transmission, all adults attending classes are advised to keep at least 1.5 metres distance from each other, and Hush Little Baby teachers will minimise physical contact with children.
Increased Hygiene Practices & Contact Tracing
- Hush Little Baby teachers adhere to our stringent hygiene practices regardless of whether or not there is a heightened risk of community transmission.
- Class participants are asked to ensure their hands are clean upon arrival to music classes, and alcohol based hand sanitiser is provided at entry points to all classes.
- All Hush Little Baby teachers have completed the Australian Government COVID-19 Infection Control Training.
- Hush Little Baby teachers wash hands with soap and water before and after each and every class
- Hush Little Baby teachers use wipes on any instruments and ‘hard’ resources handled by children during classes, before and after each and every class, before being placed back in sterile bag.
- Contact information for all class participants is collected and stored confidentially by Hush Little Baby via our bookings system, per government contact tracing requirements. Our Graceville venue also requires anyone who enters to scan the QR Code via the QLD Check-in app upon entry.
Strict Illness Policy
- Hush Little Baby teachers adhere to our strict illness policy regardless of whether or not there is a heightened risk of community transmission.
- Hush Little Baby teachers will not attend classes while unwell.
- If a Hush Little Baby teacher has been in contact with anyone with COVID-19, they will complete Queensland Health testing, isolation and quarantine requirements prior to returning to teaching.
Modifications to Classes
- When there is a higher risk of community transmission, soft resources are not handled by multiple children, bubbles are created by “wand waving” and not blowing and hand holding/close contact during games will only be between caregivers and the children they are attending with.
- When there is no heightened risk of community transmission, soft resources such as scarves are used on a per class basis and then machine washed afterwards.
- Classes will still be packed with music making, fun, connection and learning!
How You Can Help
- When there are restrictions on venue capacity due to heightened transmission risk, if at all possible please have only one adult attending with each child. Of course we understand that sometimes other family members love to watch little ones in their music classes so we ask that you email us in advance if this is the case so we can ensure adequate contact tracing and adherence to venue capacity requirements.
- When there is heightened risk of community transmission, please ensure all adults keep at least 1.5 metres from each other and support your Hush Little Baby music teacher in ensuring that children are not making excessive physical contact with them. Our teachers love the children, and want to make sure they are protected even though they miss the cuddles and high fives!